Monday, February 18, 2008

Shipping the bikes

I may have found a break in getting the bikes out to Portland. My Harley dealer has dozens of skids out behind their building that they send back to Harley periodically. These are metal versions of what you typically find in the bottom of a motorcycle shipping crate. I was having a discussion with one of the guys and he indicated I may be able to borrow, buy or have some of the skids. In fact, I may simply be able to turn them in at a Harley dealer in the Portland area so that Harley still has them in the long run.

I have to firm up these plans, but this will definitely be a big worry taken care of. I didn't want to have to hand-build shipping palettes and I didn't want to take the chance of having the bike get damaged in transit. Thanks, but no thanks.

I'll let ya'll know how this works out. I'm pretty excited about it.

No comments: